Recently some people may hear of what seemed to be China’s foreign ministry notice saying that foreigners are banned entering China starting from June 15. It turns out this was just a rumor.
At Monday’s regular press conference of China’s Foreign Ministry, an AFP journalist asked about what seemed to be a foreign ministry notice saying foreigners with valid visas and residence permits won’t be able to enter China starting from June 15. A screenshot about the so-called notice was spread on the Internet.
It has brought to official attention. At Tuesday’s press conference, the spokesman Zhao Lijian clarified that this is just a rumor spreading online.
According to Zhao, the screenshot on social media was made by someone who deliberately altered and edited a previous notice.
In late March, China’s Foreign Ministry and National Immigration Administration have released an announcement on the temporary suspension of entry by foreigners holding valid visas or residence permits issued before March 26.
△ Full content of the announcement posted on NIA’s official website, plz tap to enlarge the pic.
Although the government begins to ease the restrictions, working with some countries and regions to set up “fast-track” channels and allowing a modest increase in international flights, it’s not easy for many foreign friends to come to China in recent days.
China’s top aviation regulator said last week that international flights with some qualified countries are expected to moderately increase in the coming days.
“The administration is currently in negotiation with related countries on the adjustment of international passenger flights,” according to Civil Aviation Administration of China spokesman Xiong Jie.
He added that a moderate increase could be expected in the near future.
The qualified countries include those having so far exported few COVID-19 cases to China while maintaining close economic and trade ties with China, as well as those meeting the remote prevention and control requirements to effectively reduce the risk of imported cases.
Meanwhile, China has signed fast track agreements with Germany, South Korea and Singapore, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
According to NIA, there’s no further update on the exit-entry policy so far. That means, in most cases, you still need to apply for a new visa if you want to come to China now.
△ NIA said on Tuesday that there’s no related info about the adjustment of entry policies to release.
Zhao said that the COVID-19 situation overseas remains grave and so there can be no letup in the efforts to guard against case import.
But as the flight restrictions to be eased, the country is likely to gradually ease its border controls soon to meet the increasing demands of both overseas Chinese and foreign nationals to come to China.
For more about current exit-entry policies, please check our previous articles:
If you have any questions about Chinese visas and residence permits, please feel free to contact HACOS!
In order to help you reach the latest update on the global pandemic situation, HACOS has set a quick link on the menu of our WeChat page. Follow us, you can check it whenever you want!
Share to let your friends know!
SOURCE | China’s Gov / NIA