According to the relevant laws and regulations of China, foreigners who work in China must obtain a work permit and a work-type residence permit. Guangzhou has recently issued a new version of Guidelines for the Application of Foreigner’s Work Permit in Guangzhou, let’s check!
As we’ve said thousands of times, foreigners who work in China must obtain a work permit and a work-type residence permit in accordance with relevant regulations.
On Monday, Guangzhou Municipal Science and Technology Bureau issued the Guidelines for the Application of Foreigner’s Work Permit in Guangzhou (Amended Version of 2020).
According to the new guidelines, there will be two situations for the procedures of the work permit application:
A. Foreigners outside of China
1. For those who are not currently in China, they need to apply for a Foreigner’s Work Permit Notice before entering the border (Guangzhou area) from the relevant department in Guangzhou.
2. Then apply for a Z visa at a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad with the notice letter.
3. After entering Guangzhou, apply for the Foreigner’s Work Permit at a foreigner work management department in the city.
4. Apply for work-type residence permits at a public security department in the city.
B. Foreigners in China (Guangzhou)
1. For those who meet the requirements of the work permit application, they can directly apply for the Foreigner’s Work Permit at a foreigner work management department in the city.
2. Apply for work-type residence permits at a public security department in the city after they obtain the work permit.
The guidelines are applicable to the application for foreigner’s work permit and related issues of employers in Guangzhou. Please feel free to contact HACOS for more details.
If you are not sure whether you are allowed to work in China and apply for the permit, let’s check the basic requirements of applicants and see if you meet them:
1. Be aged over 18, in good health, have no criminal record, have a definite employer in China, and have the necessary professional skills and knowledge;
2. Must apply for positions that are much needed in China and facilitate China’s economic development;
3. Comply with laws or regulations about foreigners’ work in China.
You can click the “read more” to get the full content of the amended guidelines. If you want to apply for a Z visa and work permit, please scan the following QR code to contact HACOS consultants!
We will keep following the updates on the latest entry measures and visa policies. Stay tuned!
If you have any questions about coming to and working in China, please feel free to contact HACOS!
In order to help you reach the latest update on the global pandemic situation, HACOS has set a quick link on the menu of our WeChat page. Follow us, you can check it whenever you want!
Share to let your friends know!
SOURCE | China Gov / GZMSTB